And here are my recipe recommendations:
Salsa Verde Chicken Wraps
Use this link or this link to view the recipe.
4 of the 7 ingredients are ON SALE this week!
- Hy-Vee sour cream- .$.50 with coupon from last week's ad.
- Tyson Grilled Chicken Strips, 2/4$
- Green bell peppers-$.50 each (recipe calls for red peppers, replace with green for a cheaper meal!)
- Avocados are on sale for $1.50 (and honestly, I think I saw them cheaper recently so this price might not be right)
You'll need to make sure you have lettuce and tortillas on hand as well, or head to Aldi to get them even cheaper!
BLT's-A Summer Classic
All but the tomatoes are on sale this week!
- Earthbound Farm Organic Iceberg Lettuce Heads-$1.48 (or you can use the .99$ non organic head of lettuce)
- Farmland Sliced Bacon 12 - 16 oz. or 2.1 oz. fully cooked $2.98
- Hy-Vee Split Top Wheat bread-$.99
Make sure you have tomatoes on hand. Serve with $.97 California Green Seedless Grapes or Kandy Honeydew Melons on sale for $1.99 each. I always love chips with my BLT's too!
This meal should cost close to nothing because you are combining ingredients from other meals!
- 2 for $1 Butter Kernal Corn ( 14.5 or 15 oz can)
- Crumbled, cooked bacon (left over from BLT)
- Chopped peppers (left over from Salsa Verde Chicken Wraps)
- Corn (see above)
- Sour cream (left over from Salsa Verde Chicken Wraps)
- Chopped white onion (I'm assuming this is something most will have on hand)
- Shredded cheese
Keep eating healthy by using all of that fruit you are buying on sale this week!